Ongoing plans, including
1. Geosciences Index, 2.Geotechnics database, 3.Earthquake database, 4.Water resources database, 5.Geochemical database, 6.Organizing exploration data, 7. Organizing detailed exploration data, 8.Ground geophysics database, 9.Gold database, 10.Copper reserves database, 11.Ophiolite bibliography, 12.Phosphates database, 13.Mines exploitation database, 14.Mineral processing Factories database, 15.Inactive mines database, 16.Mineral industries environment database, 17.Min
For the first time, the National Geoscience Database has prepared Geosciences Indexes of Iran since the beginning of 2003.
1. Determination and definition of geosciences thematic domain
2. Recognition of information centres and libraries, archives, scientific educational institutes for researches, including governmental and non-governmental
3. Compilation of the required data (books, papers, reports, theses, periodicals, maps and CDs) based on an identity card bearing some data about title, author, keyword, publication location, publisher, date of publication, keeping location, number of pages.
4. Equalization of the mentioned identity cards data in a suitable condition, which is useful for the public at any time and location.
Index is a documentary collection with easy application to access to all data relating to geosciences. It is also a guide to access to the most important results in the quickest time.
Today, technical and scientific data are based on pecuniary and intellectual capabilities of human-being communities, and any community that can access to more data is more capable.