Regional prospection in the Ardal, Avardgan, Boldaji, Borujen, Vanak, Male-Khalifeh, Khersan, Shabliz, Teshnoy and Lulu 1:50000 sheets
By: Jamshad Yusefzadeh, Delavar Najafi
The regional prospection project number 40701H75 was started at 1999. During 1995 to 1998, 7500 square kilometers of the Charmahal and Bakhtiyari province was prospected for mineral resources. The current project encompasses another 3125 Sq. Km. of the province including Ardal, Avardgan, Boldaji, Borujen, Vanak, Male-Khalifeh, Khersan, Shabliz, Teshnoy and Lulu 1:50000 sheets.
Carried out activities include:
- Literature review for the geological and mineral information of the area
- Determination the quantity and quality of identified mineral potentials
- Filed prospection based on geological and stratigraphical measures.
- Preparing one or two geological cross sections for each sheet
- Sampling from soil, rock, alteration, stream sediment and building stones for various studies. Collected samples were divided into five groups to be studied for micropaleontology, palynology, geochemistry, and mineralogy and mud leaching.
- Preparing the mineral potentials and indications map for each sheet
- Lab tests and studies
- Compilation of various information and interpretation
The present report includes the conclusion of study and newly identified mineral localities.