Evaluation of mineral resources of Ardebil Province
Chakan Consulting Engineers
Based on a contract between the Industries and Mines Organization of Ardebil and Chakan Consulting Engineers at 1995, the project was set to provide these goals:
- Determining those ore deposits in the province that are economically feasible. That includes a summary report of geology, map and sampling of deposits.
- Prioritizing the ore deposits according to their economic parameters and pilot processing or technical test
- Recommendation for establishment of related industries plus to definition of primary characteristics of suggested industrial units including capacity, cost estimation, flow sheet, and equipments
- Suggestion for continuation of study
The current report includes a description of economic geology, structural geology, infrastructure and proposed mineral industries in the province plus to their economic evaluation. Suggested mineral industries involve:
- Establishment of rock powder producing plant that uses the wastes of decorative and limestone mines of the province.
- Establishment of tile and ceramic plant with consideration of raw materials in the province involving the Kejel kaolin deposit. It can also be used in porcelain industry.
- Establishment of brick-making and limy sand plants based on the Qotorsuie silica mine.
- Application of Kejel silica deposit for production of silicic balls.
- Establishment of a small kaolin-washing plant, if further studies confirmed the reserve of Kejel kaolin deposit.